Thursday, June 08, 2006

aaaggghhh!!!!

Today was one of those hideous days when you wonder if your child has the same super powers that Jack-Jack of "The Incredibles" was blessed with. Ellen was just nuts. Mean nuts. And i turned into that wide-eyed-yelling-bad-mom lady that you see in the grocery store sometimes. And then I remembered the whole modeling bit and that she's probably being mean when she's mad because she thinks i'm being mean when i'm mad. And went back yet again to the super-hyped-up-consistent phase. Poor kid sat in the trouble chair or her bed for most of the afternoon. And then went to bed an hour and a half early because Dave's working tonight and when you make bad choices all day, you don't get to do fun things like play games and stay up. Isaiah isn't feeling real well either, so I'm sure that didn't help things. When he started yawning I figured maybe they both should just go to bed and start again tomorrow.

4 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Oh boy. I can't wait to experience that on my own. I mean with my own kids. I am sure that yours will be picture perfect this weekend. ; ) I cant wait to see you guys.

6/08/2006 08:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do remember times at about this age, when your dad and I discussed this very situation and he said if they have to stay in their bed or crib the whole afternoon it isn't the end of the world. And it does seem as though you all survived, with brains and sense of humor intact. There are just some days like that. But good to be thinking if she is reacting to something in her environment.
Do you have the book "? and the no good very horrible, bad day" or somesuch title as that

6/09/2006 07:44:00 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

And I was recently thinking that it might be time to have kids? Hmmmm...

6/09/2006 09:55:00 AM  
Blogger Chris Steele said...

I know, you two seem like the ideal parents who I'd want to model myself after. I guess it's good that you have bad days, because I'll feel more human, but it still seems like you handled it all pretty well. I mean, you seemed to keep your wits about you.

6/09/2006 02:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home