Thursday, June 08, 2006

dave has super powers

are you all aware that not everyone in the world gets a reaction to mosquito bites????!????? this is shocking to me. For some reason, it's perfectly normal to me that some people respond worse than others, but to get nothing at all? That's just utterly amazing. Dave, as you may have guessed, has been mosquito bite free his entire life. Or at least mosquito bite reaction free. So as I'm laying in bed trying to just survive my way through the insanely irritating itching on my ankle from yet another ill placed bite, he just falls easily falls asleep. But good news! He has passed his immunities on to the kids. I saw a mosquito mid-slurp on Isaiah's cheek and smacked it away (really freaking Isaiah out in the process) and Isaiah's got just a small red pin point dot the next day. But no big itchy mess. And Ellen has never complained of a bite. So we're helping the species progress down that micro-evolutionary path. I guess Dave is really, but still I should get a little credit.

7 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Wow, that is really cool. I didn't know that was possible either. I wonder if Jeff gets mosquito bites? I will have to ask him. I don't think I have ever seen a mosquito bite on him but I never really thought about it. Interesting.

6/08/2006 08:22:00 PM  
Blogger Lana Joy said...

Hey, did you every see that movie, UNBREAKABLE? Maybe you're breeding a family of superheroes.

6/08/2006 09:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we are just lures. I seem to be the only one that ever gets bit. Wood used to get bites but now that I am around I am the only one that gets them.
I'm telling you you really need to try the "after bite" stuff. It has really helped cut down on the insane itching afterwards. Usually I am so touchy because I am trying so desperately not to focus on how much I itch, that I don't want anyone to come close to me, much less touch anywhere near on my body that a bite might be. But this stuff seems to make them stop itching for most of the day, and I am not waking up at night itching AND the bites are no longer getting to be ORANGE size!!!!

6/09/2006 07:47:00 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

I think Wendy needs to do some detective work by asking Jeff and parents who gets mosquito bites.

6/09/2006 09:52:00 AM  
Blogger Wray Davis said...

Or you could join in my science experiment, Sarah!

6/09/2006 11:59:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

i don't know if i'm strong enough bryan.

6/09/2006 12:13:00 PM  
Blogger Chris Steele said...

I'm annoyed at people who don't react to poison ivy (like my husband). Especially when I'm still covered after a round of steroids, and I seem to break out if I'm within 10 square miles of a plant. Hmmm...I sound a little bitter...

6/09/2006 02:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home