Sunday, June 04, 2006

okay now this i'm proud of.

i made ellen's pink hat last night after she went to bed. and it only took about an hour and a half. but you shouldn't be so terribly impressed. this super cool loom thing is ridiculously easy. i keep wondering if its all going to fall apart or if i'm really actually knitting because it can't be this simple. and thankfully, ellen loved it and decided to wear it to church today. she picked her own outfit today. she does almost everyday actually, but this is one of the few times it doesn't match perfectly. usually she's very conscientious about her colors matching exactly. isaiah played fashion consultant, trying to convince her to go with the jeans instead of overalls, but the girl knows what she wants.

9 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Very cool. With you and Pam both raving about this loom thing I may have to break down and go buy one.

6/04/2006 09:56:00 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Very cute. Good job Sarah

6/05/2006 06:15:00 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

The knitting thing is much more fun that it seems. I love that I'm actually creating these things.

Sarah, I'm jealous of how many projects your getting through. It's putting me to shame; I just don't have enough time. :(

By the way, if you want to make something that's not round, it's very easy. I'll post it to my blog.

6/05/2006 08:08:00 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

By the way, which size did you use for her hat, the red one?

6/05/2006 08:10:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

yep, the red one. it looks a bit stretched out but that's cause of the yarn i used - it has no give.

what i'm really curious about is how to make that pom thing on top of the hat you made..?

6/05/2006 01:34:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

That pom thing actually took me about as long as the rest of hat did. 1) I tied the yarn into a loop 2) I made another loop and knotted it a couple of times so that it didn't slide at all 3) I kept making loops and knotting it until I had a pom with an enormous knot at the bottom 4) I stuffed the knot through the hole on the top and sewed it on. (If you wrap the yarn over the pom a couple of times it turns out to stay really well and you don't see the string with all the loops in the way)

6/05/2006 03:23:00 PM  
Blogger Chris Steele said...

The hat is adorable! And I'd love to take those projects on, too, but Jeff and Cindy are still waiting for their quilts...

6/05/2006 03:51:00 PM  
Blogger Woodster50 said...

I can't believe how tall she looks...like she's grown a foot in the pst 2 months!! And those colors match...but then again, your Mom wants to take me tie shopping, which says it all about my "fashion sense" or lack thereof...

6/06/2006 01:23:00 PM  
Blogger anne said...

Great hat, Sarah.
It seems like such fun to make clothes (or hats) for you own kids and have them like them!

I continue to adore Ellen and Isaiah with each new day of posts :)

6/07/2006 07:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home