Wednesday, May 31, 2006

i broke down and joined the gym around the corner from our house. I say broke down because for some reason I've been thinking it was a bad idea. I think I just don't like the idea of joining a gym - I like the philosophy behind being active and getting excercise from taking walks with the kids and things like that. But that wasn't working out so well for me so I joined up. They have a mandatory orientation that you have to pay for and I was a bit annoyed by the thought of that. I went on Tuesday and it was actually incredibly helpful - mostly because we spent the majority of the time in the weight room and she showed us how to use the machines correctly and what you would want them for (like, this machine is great for improving posture). So I came home all pumped and excited to go this morning - and I actually did go and tried several machines I've never touched before. And now I want to take some sort the class offered through the community so I can really figure it out.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris Steele said...

Sounds exciting. I always feel awkward when I don't know how to use the machines, and generally stick to the treadmills or elliptical machines. Plus on base there are always these He-Men hogging the machines and acting annoyed if you get in their way. You could always take some of Jessica's classes at the YMCA...

6/01/2006 07:00:00 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Good for you. Maybe you'll inspire me to get off my butt and DO something.

Last weekend Wendy let me borrow a pair of jeans and they fit me perfectly. They're the jeans she bought when she was three months pregnant! If that's not motivation to exercise, I don't know what is.

Keep us posted!

6/01/2006 08:42:00 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

That sounds like a good thing although I do agree that I would rather get exercise through healthy living if possible. I just woke up from a way too long nap and I am feeling a little guilty from all of this exercise talk. Do you think 3 hours is too long to nap? Don't answer that. Besides I figure I should enjoy it now before naps like that become non existant. Anyway I have not been motivated to exercise much because I have been so tired. Maybe I will drag Jeff out with me tonight to go for a walk.

6/01/2006 08:14:00 PM  
Blogger Lana Joy said...

That's awesome. I would love to join a regular gym-- right now I just go to Curves and jog. I like Curves, but I wish I could be hard-core with a trainer and everything. I guess what I'm saying is I want to be rich.

Don't feel guilty-- it is my theory that the way American society is, we simply have to join gyms. We use our minds more than our bodies. Oh well. You'll enjoy the "me time"

6/01/2006 08:29:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

3 hours is NOT too long to nap. especially if you can still fall asleep at night. i still get one of those every once in while when isaiah naps as long as ellen (she's a regular 3 hour napper - sometimes even 4!) take it while you can get it and feel no guilt. its a lot of work growing a kid.

6/01/2006 09:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home