Thursday, May 25, 2006

mini bundts

today i took the kids to sur la table and got a new pan - a mini bundt pan. i felt like a bit of a traitor for buying something non demarle, but they don't make this kind. i've been wanting to make little chocolate bundt with a peppermint icing. i love making little mini individual things. i just about decided demarle was stupid cause this pan was so much cheaper and seemed to be just fine. but then i tried to get the cakes out and remembered why demarle is good. the first two were a disaster. it seems that there is an art to it, and i eventually got the hang of getting them out (turn over and basically try to throw them out.)

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris Steele said...

Oh my word, those look so good! I have little individual bundt pans, too, but I think I've only used them once. I agree, I like making little individual desserts--you always know you'll have the right amount. And with me, it limits snacking.

5/26/2006 06:52:00 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

You do know that PIECES of cake, donuts, candy, cookies, etc. have no calories and should not be counted when trying to eat better, right? Therefore, I think your broken bundts are a stroke of genious!

5/26/2006 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

ah! i did not know that! i'm going to go cut up those other ones then.

i like the way you think.

5/26/2006 01:43:00 PM  
Blogger Ian Batstone said...

There are holes in those cakes!

5/28/2006 09:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those look delicious!! Did any of them hit the wall as you were throwing them out?

5/29/2006 10:07:00 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

You're making me hungry. Yum.

5/29/2006 04:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home