Monday, May 22, 2006

sooner or later

at least a couple times a day i vascilate on the timeline for this adoption. dave does too. when i immerse myself in the info or see the pictures of the kids i'm ready to go for it today, thinking lets get this kid safe. bring him here, I'll help him. And when I take a step back, I think we don't really have any room, we're just getting ourselves setup, we're not in a diverse neighborhood, maybe we should try to move first, maybe i should get a job and save up some money first etc etc etc. all of the delay motives seem fixable. for instance - no room - get a bunk bed. problem solved. not in a diverse neighborhood - we're 30 minutes from portland. i know of at least one group we can get involved in there. the real fun is when dave and i are at different poles about what we should be doing. today when he came for lunch i was about to sign up for a preadopt class (the first step in signing with an agency) and he says he thinks we won't be ready for a couple years. we have no clue which road to take. i know with ellen we weren't 'ready'. or with isaiah. are you ever really ready? thoughts?

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Good point about if you are ever really ready. I think that even if you are never really ready you can always do planning that makes you more ready. But then you could ask if you can ever really plan everything or if sometime you just need to go for it. Soooo... I have no idea. Especially since I have not even had a natural kid so giving advice on an adoption is way out of my league. Sorry I am not much help.

I also wanted to say on the last post that it sounded like a great weekend. For some reason I could not leave a comment. I love getting stuff done and getting a workout at the same time. It is also cool that you have a church that you love so much. I am kind of jealous.

5/23/2006 08:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home