Thursday, April 20, 2006

lent aftermath

perhaps dave was right after all. i didn't lose an ounce. instead i gained 10 pounds. i've been going crazy wanting chocolate and more and more chocolate since sunday so on tuesday i took the kids to the store and they helped me pick out enough to last us for a couple hours. isaiah started in on the kit kat before we even got to the register - he never did get it open, but he sure enjoyed gnawing on the packaging. i ate enough that it made me sick and quenched my craving for a bit. although today i had a bit more. i didn't really used to care so much for chocolate. but since sunday, that is pretty much the only thing i want to eat (and no, i haven't gained another ten pounds since sunday. i think i might metabolize sugar faster or something) it's sorta interesting to be able to so clearly feel the effects of all this sugar - i'm getting headaches again, i'm tired, i feel just sorta slow and off. but i keep munching. i sound like an addict. i denied myself nothing over the past several days, and now i think i'm ready to get back on the wagon of moderation.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

I am always like that about chocolate. I am in LA right now and I actually bought a whole bag of chocolate to carry with me so that I wouldn't go into chocolate withdrawals. Addict? I am beginning to think so. I guess I could think of worse things to be addicted to.

4/21/2006 10:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home