Wednesday, April 12, 2006

mail order bakery

so i have a new/another goal - i want to bake my way through the deserts in all of my cookbooks. maybe one or two a week. my next thought after "how fun!" is who am i going to get to eat all of it for me so i don't get pleasantly gynormous and die of sugar shock. still working on that one, but one idea i have is to start a mail order type thing where i'll mail my customers a sampling of that weeks baking (for a fee of course). all kinds of people would have two of their deepest desires satisfied - exciting mail and delicious homemade tasty things. the things slowing me down are - - i wonder if i would need to get a food handler's permit, or be certified in some way? - where in the world would i find customers? it doesn't seem like the sort of business one can advertise online very easily...who would want to pay for baked goods from some stranger who could be anybody? - how does one ship a cake or a pie?

3 Comments:

Blogger anne said...

Maybe you could start with friends and family. How much?

4/13/2006 02:20:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

i dunno - 5 bucks or something. shipping could get interesting.

i suppose i need to think out my business plan.

4/13/2006 02:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about the government rules like labeling and nutrition facts?

6/03/2008 12:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home