Thursday, April 13, 2006

more baking thoughts

in class this morning, i had two new genius ideas for how to keep baking and avoid putting on those pleasant pounds - 1 - cut the recipe in half! i know, sometimes i suprise myself with my brilliance. my problem tends to be a disbelief in moderation. if somethings there, i'm going to eat it till it's gone. so if i only cook half as much... 2- bake healthier. i bring something just about every week to class and one of my classmates keeps telling me i'm poisoning myself with all that margarine and hydrogenated oil (sp?). so maybe i'll try experimenting with butter and oils and applesauce in the next few weeks. problem with that is, it's just not as tasty. maybe that will help too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! You could develop that cookbook of one and two serving desserts I've been dreaming of finding!

4/13/2006 03:09:00 PM  
Blogger Chris Steele said...

I second Jill's comment, because while it's pretty easy for me to half my cookie recipes, it's harder with cakes, brownies, pies, etc. Granted, I bet it'd be easier if I didn't buy box mixes...yet another reason for the cookbook.

4/15/2006 07:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home