Thursday, March 23, 2006

new hobby to juggle

i've been slacking off on blogging. dave told me i better get with the program since i always complain about other people not updating their blogs. i've found a new hobby - baking. i loooove baking. tonight i made little brownie bites - they look like little brownie muffins, but they're only about 1/2 inch tall and 1 inch in diameter. so cute. last night i hosted a mary kay 'skin care class' and made a pizza for dave and ellen and isaiah ahead of time. of the three people who came, three of them had not had dinner and gobbled it all up (after dave and ellen). and they all were amazed at how good it was. i was so proud. i've been in a bit of a state of shock lately, wondering how in the world it is possible to get everything accomplished that is on my list day to day. and these are all things i want to do - not just things i can conveniently procrastinate away. I can not figure it out. I was talking to a friend tonight and she randomly mentioned something along the same line - although granted she is in way deeper than me as she already has four children and is expecting another. She said she's learned its not about how much she can balance, but how much she can juggle. I think that might be the way to approach it all - I know other people have mentioned similar ideas to me, but somehow this clicked in my head. Well, sorta clicked. I guess I still want everything to be checked off my list and to do the things I've been dreaming about (like a new quilt, and all those things I want to try baking, renting movies, reading books, taking naps, cleaning up the yard, ...the list goes on and on) but i also realize they're not all going to happen in the same week. or even in the same month.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris Steele said...

Me, too.

So, how do you handle baking all of these sweets without eating them? I'm amazed.

I agree about your goals seeming somewhat unattainable. As motherhood approaches, I have to wonder what's going to go out the window, and what will stay. From what I understand, my priorities are about to do a major 180. Yikes.

3/24/2006 03:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back, too!

And I think we all need staffs of at least ten. Or really good robots. :)

3/24/2006 06:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

such disappoint I was feeling when I looked at your blog my normal two times a day and didn't see any updates. Yahoo today. I agree with Dave, love the comments and love the pictures.
Hey can we have pizza too?

3/24/2006 07:03:00 AM  
Blogger anne said...

That's totally what it is: juggling.
Good concept. It really isn't about doing everything each day. It's about prioritizing and organizing. This today, that tomorrow, the other thing next year.

When I look at my lists (especially wish lists with lots of spending earmarked) I feel daunted. But when I don't look at them to hard, and just patiently and diligently plug away at them, I'm amazed at how quickly (or how quickly it feels) I get through the lists.

Getting out of my different debts was one of those lists.

I have some lists at work that sometimes feel like I'll never get through them, and then one day I have a bunch of free time unexpectedly, and WHAM! I blow through half the list...

Anyway. I know what you mean.

Also, I, too, missed your posts.

3/24/2006 02:54:00 PM  
Blogger Lana Joy said...

If movies are part of your list, you should try Netflix. We LOVE it! No more trips to the movie store or hunting around all over town for crazy films we need to see. We do the one at a time and it's only $10/month. Worth it for us.

I know how you feel about the lists, and I don't even have kids. I'm just a busy-body with the equivalent of 2 1/2 jobs. I make it easy on myself by not stressing out about the unimportant things that only get halfway done. It's better to do the important stuff well. Oh, and learning to do make-up while driving helps, too.

3/24/2006 04:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home