Monday, March 13, 2006

poor me

ellen received her first paycheck this weekend. Dave took her with when he went to clean a fish tank that belongs to an older lady. dave thought she might enjoy the company of a two year old. I didn't get a complete rundown of the afternoon, but I did hear that she actually went out and bought ellen mcdonalds for lunch. so it must have gone well. when they got home, dave gave ellen a 5 dollar bill for helping. me: oh wow, 5 dollars ellen! ellen: no, that's one dollar mom me: see that 5 in the corner - that means its worth five dollars. ellen: oh MAN!!! she promptly folded it into a small square and put it right in her pocket. i didn't know she would know to do that. usually she gives all money right to me...when she first started noticing money i taught her that all money goes straight to mom ;) guess she's growing up, and i'm going to be poor from here on out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Wray Davis said...

-=grin=-

Now the real questions is, what will Ellen do with 5 dollars?

3/14/2006 07:50:00 AM  
Blogger anne said...

That's awesome! (chuckling away over here)

3/14/2006 01:29:00 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

That is so cute. So maybe we will find out if she is a saver or a spender. She may become a saver if she forgets that she put the money in her pocket.

3/15/2006 09:39:00 PM  
Blogger Chris Steele said...

I'm totally going to teach my kids that they should give money to me--brilliant!

3/17/2006 03:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home