Friday, February 03, 2006

dora

ellen has become obsessed with dora. it started when we rented a dora movie from the library and i unwittingly forgot to remind her that we only borrow from the library, we don't keep. for two days whenever she remembered the dora movie we had some major tears. so i thought, hmmm - she seems to really like dora. maybe i'll actually buy her a dora movie. so we got one from target today. and this still continues my educational movie bent because for those of you that don't know, dora is all about teaching kids spanish. so now sometimes when i can't understand exactly what ellen is saying it's because she's speaking spanish. and now she's asking how to say everything in spanish - "what does diego mean in spanish?" (diego is dora's cousin who rescues animals.) "how do you say baby jaguar in spanish?" "let's hit the road jack. vamanos!"

5 Comments:

Blogger anne said...

I love it!
I'm (re)learning Spanish at work, with the help of this wonderful woman who works in our kitchen. She's says I'm getting so good now (she's just being generous), that she wants me to help her with her English. So everytime we're practicing something new, she tries to say it in English and I try to say it in Spanish. We both learned the phrases "How do you spell..." very quickly, because otherwise it's hard to copy the pronunciation you hear....

Okay, I think I forgot this is not my blog. :) Sorry.

What I meant to say was, I LOVE that Ellen is learning Spanish. And I love how cute she is when she sits there (looking rather dressed up) with her hands in her lap, watching Dora. :)

2/04/2006 06:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the tights

2/04/2006 06:49:00 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

um, i love dora too. maybe i can come over sometime and watch with ellen.

2/04/2006 09:51:00 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

That is so cool. I would love to have my kids grow up learning Spanish. If it is possible I would like them to go to some sort of Spanish immersion school in elementary school. We have an excellent public immersion elementary school near us for kids to learn Spanish. If we are still here when my kids are old enough I would love for them to attend.

2/04/2006 10:10:00 PM  
Blogger Wray Davis said...

That is very cool. One of Kim's friends has a daughter that is very much into Dora. It seems like a such good thing to be multilingual.

2/05/2006 06:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home