Wednesday, February 01, 2006

a new skill for my resume

this morning i learned how to dig a car out of the mud. i parked on the grass last night because i wanted to leave room for people coming to my demarle show. but it turns out parking on the grass after several months of rain is not a good idea. it took me about an hour to figure out just the way to do it. i tried putting cardboard down/under the wheel. i tried shoveling rocks under the wheel. and more. and more. and then i decided the rocks were probably just as slippery now that they were also muddy. i tried digging a bit and putting new rocks down. i tried digging a bit more. and a bit more. and a bit more. i tried digging enough room to put a piece of wood down. and a bit more. and a bit more. and then i put rocks on top of the wood and it worked!!! and then i stopped suddenly when i realized i was about to back my front wheel right into the hole i had dug myself out of. so then i was stuck again. but luckily this one wasn't as bad so a little tiny bit of digging with some rocks and wood solved the problem quickly. the kids were either eating breakfast, taking a nap (isaiah) or reading books in their bed until the last try and then they wanted to come join me. ellen was very proud of me - "you did it mom!!" i kinda made a mess of the yard.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is what yards are for, to make messes in.
I agree with Ellen, congratulations!

2/01/2006 03:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm proud of you, too.

2/01/2006 06:24:00 PM  
Blogger anne said...

That's awesome :)

2/02/2006 02:30:00 PM  
Blogger phdendron said...

Good Work!

2/04/2006 10:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home