Sunday, February 12, 2006

little yellow cakes

check out my cute little mini loafs (they're about the size of a twinkie) this is, of course, yellow cake. next i'm going to try corn bread and then little banana breads. ellen was so excited to have her own little cake. i told her she could have it after dinner and she just kept talking about it. "that's my cake. my ellen cake." i put the frosting in a ziploc bag and cut a little hole, trying to be decorative. but i cut the hole too big, so i got these big lines. then i tried again and cut a tiny hole, which believe it or not, puts a lot of pressure on a thin little ziploc bag. it split open after a couple minutes. and after all that, i remembered that i have a wonderful set of decorator tips that jill gave me a bit ago. i'm going to try those next. little daisy cakes

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris Steele said...

Those are so cute! Quite the Suzy homemaker, aren't we :)? I've tried the ziploc thing with similar results, although I felt quite ingenious for the few minutes before it split.

2/13/2006 07:45:00 AM  
Blogger anne said...

Wow, Sarah. I'm impressed!

2/13/2006 01:36:00 PM  
Blogger Lana Joy said...

Beautiful! Can I have the recipe?

2/15/2006 02:49:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

oh i just used a box cake and frosting from a tub/can. but i made the loafs
& daisys in my cool new demarle bakeware ;)

2/15/2006 03:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home