Sunday, February 12, 2006

grown up

in the last week or two i have grown up. i started planning dinner and cooking everynight. dave's been suggesting this for months, thinking it would be easier then trying to come up with an idea at 4 o'clock and then having soup and grilled cheese again instead. turns out he was right. it's also easier when grocery shopping to have a list of things you need for the week instead of going up and down the aisles looking for things that you might want. i don't know how many times i went to the grocery store thinking we didn't have anything to eat at home and walked up and down the aisles and left with about twenty dollars worth of food cause i just didn't know what to get. i've also started cleaning the house. i made out a list of all the things that need to be done regularly and divided them up by cleaning product and then assigned myself roughly one cleaning product per day. so far i've done it for a week. the biggest change that i've noticed so far, since growing up, is that i am freaking tired. it's a lot of work to be a responsible adult.

6 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Man Sarah, the stuff you are talking about is exactly the same stuff that I have been thinking that I should be doing but I'm not grown up enough or just haven't thought it was important enough to really get it together. I keep telling myself when kids come along I will change my 4 o'clock in the afternoon ways of coming up with something to eat or waiting till someone is coming over to clean or needing every dish to be dirty to actually wash the dishes. This growing up stuff is hard. Tell me how it goes after a little more time. You could be my inspiration.

2/12/2006 10:14:00 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Ah this too will pass! good job kiddo

2/13/2006 05:24:00 AM  
Blogger Chris Steele said...

You know, my mom keeps saying "this too will pass," and I'm starting to wonder about her memory! :) I did the dinner thing for a long time, and it worked wonders, but if you fall off the wagon, it takes a while to get back on. My cleaning ritual (I'm a little OC) hit a huge dip when I hit that "ungodly tired" phase of pregnancy, and just within the last two weeks have I started again. Same with cooking. Only we resort to mac & cheese.

2/13/2006 07:48:00 AM  
Blogger anne said...

Sweet, Sarah. I've started cooking and cleaning, too. I thought I might be growing up, but then I realized I might be under attack of pending OC-ness myself. That I for some reason I can't bear to be still or unproductive for very many hours at a time. I'm exhausted, too, which is why I'm a little confused. Is the new and better Anne really just a wind-up Anne, about to wind right out of control? ...Hmmm. Thoughts to ponder.

2/13/2006 01:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am smiling hugely. Being a mom is just tooo much fun. Really glad Isaiah is better... I was worried

2/14/2006 05:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally relate, girl! I am finally learning to cook too - miracle of miracles - though the cleaning hasn't happened much yet. This must change soon as Ella is on the verge of crawling and once that happens she may start eating all the dust bunnies that float around my house, multiplying like gangbusters. Being grown up is very hard and I find it exhausting too...

3/04/2006 10:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home