Thursday, January 12, 2006

bingo

i just got a card/birth announcement in the mail from my friend amy who has just had her third baby. her daughter, annika, (#2) is ellen's age. i'm very exited for her, but at the same time i feel a bit nervous. greg and martha are also having their third any day and for some reason this means that i'm going to be having another baby soon too. no, i'm not pregnant. i just have this sorta fear that baby #3 is going to arrive before i've reestablished normal sleep patterns for myself. probably won't happen, but when my friends that are having kids at the same times as me have another i feel like i need to get with the program. (isn't that the craziest thing i've said today?) hearing from amy also reminds me of bingo. i love playing bingo. at an old folks home. with little color daubers. for money. love it. amy took me to play and i think i did my happy dance (the same one that going to ikea in georgia brought on). i had so much fun. of course it didn't hurt that i won 30 bucks. everybody had their own little funny things going on - like a lot of the ladies at our table had several daubers to switch between, depending on their mood i guees. and there were a couple people who just had a thing for certain numbers. so anytime 22 was called out this one guy would blow on a train whistle (sounds like choo choo i guess...? amy had to explain that one to me.) when we first moved up here i saw a couple of ads in the paper for bingo at our local senior center and i've been wanting to go ever since. that's kinda the sort of thing you need an buddy for. i don't want to be the only non-grayhair. :) i haven't really met anyone up here yet that just strikes me as my future bingo partner, but maybe one of my friends is having the same secret thoughts. maybe i just need to start bringing it up in casual conversation...so you play bingo...? at old folks homes...? for money...?

9 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

YEAH baby number 3 :)

1/12/2006 04:42:00 PM  
Blogger anne said...

Did I hear you correctly that you gambled $30.00 off a room full of senior citizens? Sarah! :)
Your posts make me laugh.

I'm not ready for baby 3 yet! I'm still just getting to know Isaiah.

1/12/2006 06:34:00 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Your talking about baby number 3 and Jeff and I haven't even got to number 1 yet. If you think the competition is bad, it is killing me. j/k

I would be your bingo buddy if I lived up there. Jeff and I went once to play bingo with my grandma when we went up to Arnold to visit her. It was lots of fun. The younger crowd needs to get on the ball and start playing some bingo.

1/12/2006 08:10:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

anne: hey - everyone put their money in knowing only a few would win. fair game. :)

wendy: i would love to have you for a bingo buddy.

1/12/2006 09:54:00 PM  
Blogger Ian Batstone said...

I agree with Anne, I don't know about kiping big bucks off of old people, did you get any dirty looks?

1/12/2006 10:37:00 PM  
Blogger Chris Steele said...

I agree with Wendy--we're barely on #1!! Maybe you should be influenced by us rather than them.

1/13/2006 03:45:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

dirty looks? not a one! you must be thinking it was me and amy and five frail little old ladies regretfully handing over their social security checks.

hardly - let me paint the picture for you. envision a room packed full of people - at least 150, probably 200 chattering excitedly getting all their supplies ready. picture them each putting their 5 bucks in the pot and the ten or so games we played. picture each pot being worth about 150 bucks. picture me being one of several winners on one game. picture me being given a small portion of one pot.

does that put you more at ease? and what's kiping?

1/13/2006 09:32:00 AM  
Blogger Lana Joy said...

oh, my gosh... Greg and Martha are on their third?! Wow! Congrats to them. Don't worry, Sarah, it's not contagious. I'm also avoiding the epidemic.

1/15/2006 11:13:00 PM  
Blogger Ian Batstone said...

DON'T GIVE IN TO THE BABY PRESSURE!!!

1/17/2006 09:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home