Sunday, June 18, 2006

things are growing!!!

we have two cherry trees in our backyard. Last year we got nothing, but this year they're everywhere! here's my zucchini popping up. you really must appreciate how amazing this is that I'm intentionally growing something and it's working! this little guy was not visible when i took the previous picture. two hours later there he was! i know this is ridiculous, but i'm really dreading the idea of thinning my crop. (for those of you non-gardeners, you're supposed to plant a lot of seeds and then thin out what comes up so they're spaced well and can grow properly.) I'm rather attached to my little plantlings and i'm really quite sad about the idea of picking some to throw away. and the corn is growing too. well, one row is. the back row isn't really working very well. oh well, lesson learned for next year.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris Steele said...

I hate thinning crops, too, especially when the ones that I keep die. It's almost a gamble, only I guess there are usually pretty good odds.

6/19/2006 03:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How great to have cherries in your own yard! Great seedling photos.

6/19/2006 07:02:00 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

How cool, you'll be eating something that you've grown!

6/19/2006 11:57:00 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

That is awesome. I used to love as a kid eating cherry tomatos and stawberries that we grew in the back yard. They seem to taste better when you grow them yourself. Or they could just be fresh.

6/19/2006 05:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home