Friday, June 23, 2006

score!

on our library trip today I was quite pleased to discover that they were having a book sale. this was as many as i could grab in the time allotted (by the children of course) while staying within my budget (cash i scrounged from my bag). i found a couple of deck building/designing books for dave, lots of kiddo books - they had a buy one get one free special (although they didn't really mention that the free books were in a special box over in a corner.) and the really exciting part - three old school dessert cook books. i saw two "joy of cooking" books and thought about buying them because i keep hearing that everyone should have that one. the first was published in the 60's and was going for $20, and the second was ten years younger and the bargain price of $6. both exceeded my budget. just look at these beauties. i wonder if cake mixes were relatively new at the time this book was published. it has all kinds of varietes i've never heard of and all kinds of great things to do to them. and the pie book doesn't really look delicious (it's a good thing cook books have gone color), but i can imagine that i'm gonna gain several pounds due directly to this book.

5 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

Good shopping, however you won't gain weight because you are going to use these new found beauties on the folks at Dave's work.

6/24/2006 06:00:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

they can' t possibly consume them as fast or as often as i'm going to want to make them. (there's only about tenish people there)

6/24/2006 08:09:00 AM  
Blogger amberlee said...

I loved getting old books in the donation bins when I worked at the library!

6/24/2006 09:11:00 PM  
Blogger Chris Steele said...

I am jealous of your finds! Maybe you'll have to mail me some pre-baby treats... And I could send you something, too, although it probably won't be nearly as creative.

6/25/2006 11:27:00 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Awesome, I love cheap books, and I also love getting a bargain.

6/26/2006 11:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home