Tuesday, May 09, 2006

big nose

last night i woke up to ellen hollering for me. when i went in she looked very concerned and asked "are you guys alright??". i think she had a bad dream about dave and i. i reassured her and she fell back asleep. this morning she woke up talking about and getting very upset about "a door on [me] and [my] big nose." i think somehow i got smushed by a door and got a big swollen nose in her dream. she talked about this several times through the day, always with a little sniffle. tongiht as she was going to bed she started freaking out and crying crying saying she was worried about me and my big nose and the door on me. i told her i would be careful and she said "okay mom. i need you to be very careful of the door." poor kid. it took a good ten minutes of trying to give her other ideas of what to dream about to calm her down. we suggested dreaming about moped rides and going to the zoo and elephants and ice cream and painting and going on adventures with diego and everything we could think of. she got rather excited about all these options and then added in a whisper: "and one more dream about a big nose" with a little guilty smirk on her face!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remeber the little shepherd girl night light that Anne had. I used to tell her stories about her everytime Anne would wake up with a bad dream... sometimes i think Anne called me in just for the stories :-)

5/11/2006 03:58:00 AM  
Blogger anne said...

Me? nah... ;)

Man, Ellen cracks me up! I think she might be just a little bit crazy like her aunt (and maybe her mom?--I don't know, Sarah, are you a little bit crazy like I am?)

5/14/2006 12:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home