Sunday, May 07, 2006

things i really like: installment# 1

my "hydration pack". those very words sound nerdy. and i look like a geek wearing it. dave raised an eyebrow when i brought it home. but i really really like it. for lots of reasons: 1 - i get thirsty during the day. and i'm sick of jealously looking at ellen and isaiah's water bottles. and my own water bottle just gets heavy. 2 - it's compact - it's not a huge thing. i can fit a deceptively large amount of things in it, but not everything i normally lug around. for instance, diapers don't really fit well. so it's only for short trips or for long stroller walks and that makes it kinda exciting. 3 - it's got tons of little handy pockets and places for things. 4 - i bought it for $19 at costco. the next day i saw one at fred meyer for $40 that wasn't even half as cool. the $40 version did not have a little dust cap for the mouth piece. it did not have an insulated tube to keep the water cold. it did not have three (or four?)pockets. it had one. and it just wasn't as cool.

3 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

I like granola and the ipod, if I had one but the hydration pack??? I'm raising both eye brows but a GREAT deal! :)

5/07/2006 02:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's neat! I like to have water and other things to drink with me all the time, too.

5/07/2006 04:11:00 PM  
Blogger amberlee said...

Jake has one of these for when he goes snowboarding and hiking and I always thought it was really one of the coolest things!!

5/08/2006 12:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home