Wednesday, July 27, 2005

fashion show

i was invited to go to a fashion show tonight (it's my night out with just isaiah!) and thought it would be fun to go. actually, to be quite honest, i didn't really want to go at all - it just didn't sound like something isaiah and i would enjoy together. but i thought it would be interesting to blog so i went (how lame is that??). or i should say i sorta went. i got down there okay - it was in an area of portland i've not been to yet, so i wasn't quite sure what to expect. this particular area felt like hollywood and downtown pasadena (maybe south pasadena, i'm not exactly sure) combined. it was amazingly crowded. there were wonderful shops and museums and restaurants all up and down the street with some old turn of the century (at least that's what they felt like) houses mixed in. the houses gave the impression that this was where portland's millionaires lived one hundred years ago. anyway, i found where the show was, mostly by seeing all the people crowded outside and recognizing my friends. i turned around looking for more parking and was able to see the show - it was sorta an outdoor parade. i never saw an open parking space though. and i hadn't thought to bring isaiah's stroller so i didn't want to walk long. so i figured, well i saw the show, might as well move on. so instead, i took isaiah to barnes and noble hoping he'd sleep so i could look at some books i've been wanting to check out. he didn't sleep, but we did read a bit of the books and i decided they'd be fine to check out from the library. at least one of them. and then i topped off the evening with a mcflurry from mcdonalds. that's much more my style of a night out anyway.

3 Comments:

Blogger anne said...

I like thinking of you and Isaiah having a day alone together :)
(it secretly makes me want to have kids...but, shhhh.--not that I just posted this comment on a blog or anything) :)

7/28/2005 09:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful night out!!! I spent my evening reading Tiki tiki tembo no sa rembo chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo and Bread and Jam for Frances last night. I read them aloud just for the fun of it!

7/29/2005 05:19:00 AM  
Blogger Chris Steele said...

I also think it sounds like a great night. I'm also curious about which part of Portland you were in...could've been Northeast or Northwest (Hollywood district) by the sound of it. My bet is Northeast (near the Pearl district). I used to work at Good Sam, which is up there if that's where you truly were.

8/01/2005 12:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home