Thursday, November 10, 2005

today a friend called to tell me that another mutual friend was in a horrific car accident in which one of her three small children died and she is now in the icu with just about everything broken, including her skull. she's going to be in a body cast in traction for at least six weeks they think. her oldest daughter who was about 8 died. her two younger children, 5 and 2 are pretty much fine and home with grandparents. i've never really processed emotions well - especially ones that involved tragedy and sadness. when my friend rachel died in elementary school, i think it was years before it hit me. Same with Grandpa Bob - several years later i started really missing him and feeling quite sad. This, however, is rocking my world. i just saw her yesterday. her kid died. and she's in a hospital heavily sedated and her world is forever darker. what the heck. what do you do? i think the freakiest bit for me is that i can put myself in her situation much easier than i can put myself in the others. i just can't even imagine what they're going through - what her husband is feeling, what her kids are feeling, what she's thinking about - how do you face the next day, how you talk to your kids, any of that.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry seems like such a weak thing to say at a time like this, but I am sorry.

11/11/2005 05:18:00 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

I'm praying for you and the family

11/11/2005 06:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear that. You must be really shaken up. That is so sad and horrible.

11/11/2005 06:45:00 AM  
Blogger anne said...

I'm so sorry to hear that...I can't even imagine, Sarah. I'm sorry and I send my thoughts out to the family as well.

11/12/2005 10:04:00 AM  
Blogger Aaron Geist said...

O my goodness! I don't know this poor family that had this tragic accident, but I heard about it at 2 churches yesterday because families from both churches were connected to them. How awful. I'm sorry to hear this from you too.

11/14/2005 01:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home