Wednesday, November 30, 2005

special treat

i willingly and (almost) unashamedly admit that we bribe ellen. mostly to go to sleep quickly and quietly. the conversation generally goes something like this: me: if you stay in your bed, and are quiet and you fall asleep... you can have.....?" ellen: wait. i know. how bout...... and then she names something she'd like - usually gum or chocolate or ice cream or something you'd expect. for a while it was yard work - she loves to go looking for worms. but in the last few days, my poor child has become confused. yesterday she asked for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. a couple days ago she asked for bread and butter. poor, poor girl. but she seems to be coming to her senses - today she remembered chocolate existed.

3 Comments:

Blogger anne said...

That's hilarious! I'm holding my sides in to keep the gafaws from splitting them :)

11/30/2005 05:06:00 PM  
Blogger Chris Steele said...

i love bribing, especially when it's with random things.

12/01/2005 05:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have such a huge smile on my face

12/02/2005 05:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home