Sunday, September 18, 2005

ouch

yesterday hurt. it started with dave getting a haircut, which he'd probably tell you was painful since he doesn't like the result. too short on the sides and back, too long on top. then i got to go grocery shopping all by myself which was truly a beautiful hour and a half. then dave and ellen headed off to portland to help clean up a park with church folk. and isaiah and i went and just tooled around doing random stuff like going to the dollar store. and then i shut the van's sliding door on my thumb. and it actually latched. ouch. the lady in the parking place next to me freaked out more than i did. my actual thoughts were "hey, my hand is stuck. that should really hurt. i better open the door as soon as i can." i told her it didn't really hurt that much and she said "that's because you're in shock, dear" oh. so i went into a bit of shock, sitting on the van step until i thought i wouldn't faint or throw up and could decide if i was really cold or actually quite hot and felt okay to drive home. (isaiah was happily buckled in and having a great time and home was only about 1/4 mile away) so its bleeding and bleeding and throbbing and hurting and i'm trying to figure out how to get isaiah's 30 lb. car seat out of the van and still stay conscious...you know that sensation where everything starts to get really light and really dark at the same time? that was me. anyway, we laid down together for a while and he eventually went to sleep and i eventually felt okay. but i did call dave and ask him to come back so i could go to the er. and he did, and i did and it turns out it's fractured so now i get to wear a little splint that isaiah thinks is incredibly interesting. ellen keeps feeling sorry for me asking if she can kiss it. and i also got a tetnus shot. ouch.that didn't hurt so much yesterday as today. and it's in my other arm. so carrying around this twenty pound kid is going to be interesting today.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodnes!!!!! I so hurt for you. I am really glad that Isaiah cooperated with you while you almost fainted and had to recover for a while, and actually it was probably a good thing Ellen was with Dave, because she would have been REALLY upset.
Miss you guys

9/18/2005 09:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! That sounds very very painful.

9/18/2005 03:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that you put a photo of your thumb in this post, though. :)

9/18/2005 03:43:00 PM  
Blogger Wray Davis said...

Yikes! That is a very grievous thumb injury indeed!

I'm glad finger injuries don't keep you from your blog, though! :)

9/18/2005 09:40:00 PM  
Blogger anne said...

Poor, Sarah!!!
You are quite a trooper...I don't know how I would handle a faint-worthy injury while still playing (working) mom.

9/19/2005 01:40:00 PM  
Blogger Geoff said...

Ouch! When I sliced my finger that one time I felt fine until we were on the way to the hospital and I started to feel sick. Mend quickly!

9/19/2005 02:40:00 PM  
Blogger Chris Steele said...

I agree with everyone that it sounds horribly painful, and am kind of glad you didn't post a before-ER picture.

9/20/2005 03:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a brave lady you are. Hugs & kisses Grandma C

9/22/2005 11:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home