Thursday, June 09, 2005

i'm currently reading three books - anne of the island, the broker by john grisham - (that's a second time around book- Grandma Grace gave it to me for my birthday and I've found myself thinking about it again, so i thought i'd give it another read) and the divine conspiracy by Dallas Willard (it's more of a theological book). That last one is so i can feel like i'm thinking about something with a bit more depth than sesame street. i really like it, yet i've found i have to take notes while reading it to be able to understand and remember the points. ironically enough this is one of my favorites quotes that i read this last week: "The teacher in Jesus' time - and especially the religious teacher - taught in such a way that he would impact the life flow of the hearer, leaving a lasting impression without the benefit of notes, recorders, or even memorization. Whatever did not make a difference in that way just made no difference." I'd like to be that kind of teacher at some point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home