Monday, March 14, 2005

bilingual baby ellen

oh! i just wrote that whole big long post and i forgot to even mention the bit i was intending to tell you about ellen. my little girl thinks it is great fun to go through flash cards and learn sign language. we bought a little box of flashcards before she was born so we could learn a few words that would make it easy for her to communicate with us before she could talk. and it worked great. now, she has discovered this box and will sit by herself in her room, looking at the cards and trying to identify the signs she knows. (some she can recognize from the pictures, most she can't). she's also thrilled to death to learn any more we can find to teach her and will practice them over and over (with us) . they're not all perfect, mind you, but she's becoming bilingual! :) i think she's learned about 10-15 new words in the last couple days. i figure we might as well introduce some spanish while she's having so much fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger anne said...

I don't really have anything to say, I just wish you could see my face and hear my cries of joy (Oh! Ah!) while I read these posts. :)

3/15/2005 03:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home